One of the first things our contractors will do when you call on us is to perform a thorough roof inspection. There are specific things they are looking for so don’t hesitate to point out any issues you know of as well.
The checklist below is a sample of a comprehensive inspection:
- Broken or missing shingles
- Shingles that have begun to buckle
- Missing or broken coping on the roof
- Any evidence of past work that looks unprofessional
- Rotted or molded fascia
- Signs inside your home of water damage
- Leaks around skylights or windows
- Window or skylight seals
- Gutters that need to be repaired or replaced
- Trees that come to close to your house
- Excess debris on the roof
- Signs of mold, algae or other fungus on or around the roof
Our experienced roofers will take note of any faults they discover and ensure you understand all of your options for resolving the issues, as well as the cost of the service. If we believe you need to replace your entire roofing system, we will work with you to complete the project at a reasonable cost.
All of our roofing services include an annual inspection. We understand how expensive it is to repair or replace your roof, so we want to do everything we can to assist you to avoid a significant investment down the line. Make sure to inquire about warranties as well. You might be amazed at how many repairs are covered by roof installation warranties. It’s usually a good idea to spend a modest bit of money on a quality warranty to prevent a large expenditure later on. In the event of storm damage, you ought to have your warranty information on hand and notify your roofing provider as quickly as possible.
Bare in mind that most warranties cover your roof for 15-30 years, damage caused by storms or other extreme storms is frequently not covered. Make sure you understand what your warranty covers and arrange for regular inspections to ensure your roof remains in excellent working order for as long as feasible!